BEAUTY ON A BUDGET TIPS BY ROYALBEAUTY VEE

5.25.2013

New Hair

It's time to Transform!
For the last 10 years I have worn extensions in my hair and I truly loved the expierence. I felt very beautiful and confident with long tresses down my back, it was my preference. Every now and then people would tell me to 'learn to love exactly what God gave me', and I would take offense to that statement.  Were they implying that I didn't love myself because I chose to wear weave? Make no mistake about it I DO LOVE EVERYYYYY part of me but I also love to enhance what I already have and there is NOTHING wrong with that. I view hair as an accessory, just like you add clothing, jewelry, tattoos and etc…you have the option to add hair. Originally I added hair to add "fullness" to my mane, it was my solution to my thinning problem. My hair was thinning due to all the processing that it had undergone as I was growing up. By the time I hit my twenties I felt like my hair was too damaged to wear out. After further damaging my hair by glueing in tracks I switched over to sew in's. Sew-In's help to grow my hair back to it's original thickness but it was still damaged. A few years ago I did the BIG CHOP and now my hair has grown back like wild fire into a full lioness mane LOL!

One of the problems African American women face is the lack of knowledge in caring and styling our OWN hair types.  Our hair is coily, kinky, nappy and THAT IS ALL GOOD!  What we need to understand it that THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH OUR HAIR! Don't think that bone straight hair mirroring the image of our European counterparts makes us "more" beautiful, that's a misconception. A misconception that I fell victim to for years.  I had the pleasure of being a part of an African Weekend Workshop where we were educated on our roots literally! Natural hair was everywhere and Natural hair is AMAZING, you just have to become knowledgable on the proper ways to maintenance your own texture. 

If you have been keeping up with my articles you will see how full my natural is. Now I'm at a point in my life where I'm ready to give up weave all together. It's transition time! I'm so Excited about it too!! 

I'm on the fence between getting beautiful locs or experimenting with curly styles. Whatever I decide I will most definitely share with my readers:) I'm currently on hold from doing anything to my hair because I have a horrible cut on my thumb that required stitches from a injury that occurred about a week ago. Anywho that's a cooking story nightmare and a different story that I will share on a different day lol. 

Some of the products I will be picking up for my Natural Hair journey will be a wide tooth comb, Shea Butter, Eco Gel, Coconut Oil, Argan Oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. 

BEAUTIFUL AFRICAN HAIR HERE I COME!!!
Share/Email us some of your expierences from your Natural Hair journey! 
May 25, 2013