BEAUTY ON A BUDGET TIPS BY ROYALBEAUTY VEE

4.07.2013

Handmade Earrings

By RoyalBeautyV
BeautyIntoxicated.com ©
April 7, 2013

Yesterday I had the pleasure in hosting a children's fashion show in Virginia Beach, VA for J'adores Closet and I had such a great time. In the process of getting dressed and ready for the event I got the urge for something "new". I wanted to accessorize perfectly but I didn't want my jewelry of choice weighing me down. For some reason I have been more into jewelry that is lightweight lately, I guess I just don't want to 'feel' my jewelry on me but I do want some jewelry on…weird right? *shrugs*

Anywho, I couldn't narrow down the perfect earring for this beautiful satin Japanese inspired shirt that I had brought to wear so I instantly came up with this bright idea to make me a pair of earrings. Now if you have been keeping up with my articles you know that I just moved into a new place. You know how it is when you move your things around and you start magically coming across things that you forgot you had, things you stored away and never went back for and purchases that seemed to have gotten lost in the shuffle? Well, that's what I have been going through lol and I love it! It's like treasure hunting in my own damn house lol. I remember about 2 years ago I went to Michaels and brought a few pairs of DIY (do-it-yourself) bracelets, at the time of purchase the creative side of me kicked in and I felt like those cute bracelets would make even better earrings so I stored them away when I got home so that I could do just that at a later time. 2years later, that "later" time finally came lol and it was well worth the totally un-called for wait. 

I love these earrings I made! I simply took the bracelet and added a hook to it for my pierced ears:) Waaa-laaahhh handmade earrings!