BEAUTY ON A BUDGET TIPS BY ROYALBEAUTY VEE

9.10.2011

Retail Therapy

All Fashionistas crave retail therapy. Any emotion can trigger our instant desire to shop shop shop!

To us shopping is equivalent to a sport. It's not really about splurging, it's more about finding unique pieces for a bargain. When we accomplish that....LAWD we feel like we have found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! Let's take a step back and visit the emotional side to this sport. For the sake of time and space, I'm going to stick with the basic emotions...happy, mad and sad. Me personally, all of these make me want to shop. When I'm sad, I feel like finding something beautiful to make me smile again and to take my focus off the issue that is distracting me. When I'm mad, the same theory applies but now I'm shopping to kill time so that I can calm down and again it's a great distraction to the situation that has my emotions boiling. When I'm a happy shopper, it really goes down! I'm not as picky, I'm more creative and I'm more liberal with my budget.

Yep, a sista got a budget! Don't get it twisted! That's where the discipline comes into play. I try to stay away from swiping (credit cards) because that's the fastest way into debt. Shopping with cash is the simplest way to maintain control of exactly what you had in mind to spend. Discipline, Discipline, Discipline. All in all, retail therapy is a must in my life.

0 responses:

Post a Comment

LIVE | LOVE | and LAUGH
"You are NOW Under the Influence of Beauty"
www.BeautyIntoxicated.com