BEAUTY ON A BUDGET TIPS BY ROYALBEAUTY VEE

6.07.2011

Mentoring at Youth Community Day

This past Saturday I mentored the youth at the "Worth the Wait" Community Day in Norfolk, VA.

This Campaign's focus was geared towards showing kids alternative's to the negativity surrounding them in the poverty stricken areas in which they reside. The name "Worth the Wait" is self explanatory. The teens were given reasons on why it's important to practice abstinence in an era where the pregnancy rates are extremely high amongst their peers. We enjoyed a fun filled day of dialog, laughs, hugs, talent, food, music and of course mentoring. I was asked to be on the panel of entrepreneurs and share my story of triumph from the projects to my success as an author.

I was thrilled to be a part of this experience. I was even more rewarded at the end of the event because my purpose was to go in there an inspire the kids and I was the one who left inspired. It was rewarding to see that our future is not lost like mainstream news outlets would like you to believe. Those kids had goals and dreams coupled by a purpose and a plan! Yes and a Plan!
They impressed me to another level! I was tickled at some of them because they were a little cocky in their responses to the question "What do you want to do when you grow up and why"? To see that confidence in them made me smile. I smiled because I could tell that a lot of them are going to have amazing contributions to our future.

This was a great event, I can't wait for the next.


Standing with my legs crossed, I'm fancy LOL!

0 responses:

Post a Comment

LIVE | LOVE | and LAUGH
"You are NOW Under the Influence of Beauty"
www.BeautyIntoxicated.com